Thursday, September 08, 2005

The freedom to die (or be shot looting food)

First let me explain why I haven't blogged in a while.
Reason 1.) I am lazy.
Reason 2.) We just moved into a new house this summer and I have been quite busy.
Reason 3.) I am really lazy.


Everyone has been talking about the disaster of the aftermath of hurricane Katrina. I have been awed at the whole thing. I remember seeing a program on The Discovery Channel or the Learning Channel about the deterioration of the wetlands that protected New Orleans. They mentioned that if a hurricane ever hit New Orleans directly, that the city would be destroyed.

Destroyed.

I thought about that for a long time. Everytime a storm weak brewing and heading towards the gulf, I thought to myself, 'is this the end of New Orleans?' But they always just missed. Florida was taking the brunt, and while people died, it was never a disaster on the scale that we are witnessing now. Yet the President would be there almost immediately delcaring a disaster area, and giving his little brother money to help those in need.

It took the President 5 days to go to the site of Katrina's aftermath.

I am in awe.

People in America are starving and dying of thirst.
You know what else we don't hear about on the news in the land of the free?

Alligators feast on Katrina victims

We here more about Looters Rampaging.

Wow, people are dying of hunger and thirst, and all we can do is condemn them for looting.

I guess when the President and his cronies talk about freedom, they mean the freedom to be die horribly and be demonized for trying to stave off hunger the only way you can.

I am too disgusted to formulate a coherent argument or even a vicious attack on them.

Sad time to be an American.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home