Thursday, May 26, 2005

The First Amendment is not a suggestion


In my home state of Indiana, judge Cale Bradford has ruled that a couple (who is divorcing) is prohibited from teaching their child non-mainstream religion.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050526/NEWS01/505260481

I want to know who made this guy the guardian of this child's religious purity? And why are main stream religions so special?
I do not subscribe to any religion, but I am outraged that some ....person... is handing down orders about which imaginary friend people can and cannot teach to their children. (Ok my little jab is unwarranted, but it is just as valid for me to speak as if a god does not exist, as it is for most Americans to speak as if one does.)

I am quite certain that this 'gentleman is republican. I have yet to look him up as I was so mad that I had to blog immediately! How do these bilious insects get on the bench in the first place? If you haven't read the constitution, you shouldn't be allowed to sit as a judge of what is legal in this country. If you have read the constitution and you still make rulings that piss on the first amendment, you should be barred from serving in the capacity as an interpreter of laws!!!

Please please please people. Wake up to the smell of stagnation. This country is festering in the slime of decadence and ignorance. We are becoming the place that Elric ran away from. Those of us with intellect and open minds must reclaim the jewel of the age of reason. We must rescue it from those who would remake the dark ages in our time.

The First amendment is not a suggestion Cale! It is the backbone of liberty in this country! You do not get to decide which constitutional laws you will adhere to. If you don;t like them, lobby to have them changed, but do not presume to hold power over my rights as a human being and a citizen of the united States of America!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home